YEN Zero has the overarching aim of creating a net-zero community, bringing key players from across the agricultural industry together to meet the industry’s target of achieving net zero emissions by 2040.
YEN Zero creates a space where growers can:
- Calculate and benchmark their crop carbon footprints against their peers
- Share knowledge around key net-zero topics
- Agree metrics for calculating crop carbon footprints to create consensus across the industry
- Communicate and test mitigation strategies on farm to find out which has the best potential to reduce emissions.
YEN Zero provides analysis and benchmarking of combinable and forage crop carbon footprints on a per-field basis.
The benchmarking of crop greenhouse gas intensities enables fair and easy comparison of emissions between farms, fields, and crops. Growers can learn about where the emission hotspots lie and which mitigation strategies have the most potential to reduce the environmental impact of their crop management systems.
YEN Zero also hosts discussion workshops on key topics on the subject of net-zero. These discussion workshops provide an open forum for YEN Zero members to gain and share knowledge regarding key net-zero issues, such as soil carbon sequestration.
Apply for a sponsored entry
A number of our corporate sponsors are offering to fund growers who wish to join the network. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or let us know through the form below if you would like to be matched with a sponsor.
Alternatively, entries can be made by individual growers at a cost of £350 +VAT. If you are interested in joining as an independent entry, then please contact email@example.com or leave your details below and we'll get back to you.
YEN Zero activities
Activities undertaken within the network include:
- Analysis and benchmarking of cropping greenhouse gas emissions. This is presented as a total carbon footprint on a per hectare and per tonne of yield basis. It is separated into emissions from different agronomic practices. Each entrant can submit six crops for carbon footprint analysis.
- Entrants will receive two reports:
- A carbon footprint report, detailing the emissions of the crops entered into the network. This includes an assessment of your soil's potential to build soil organic matter/soil carbon. It will also include tailored proposals on suitable mitigation strategies;
- A benchmark report which will compare your footprint data against other growers in the network.
- Creation of a valuable dataset to better understand the factors driving variation in greenhouse gas emissions.
- End of year results meeting to discuss the main findings of the benchmark analysis and highlight successful practices in action.
- Discussion workshops hosted throughout the year to discuss and share knowledge on key net-zero topics.
- Production of a YEN Zero webpage and newsletters which will share the current net-zero activities, research, and related policy.
YEN Zero Sponsors
YEN Zero is supported by several organisations from across the agricultural industry who act as YEN Zero Sponsors, contributing to and steering the development of this network and supporting grower entries. Corporate sponsors can also enter 10 farmers into YEN Zero for free. This includes six fields per farm.
Corporate sponsorship is £6,000 + VAT. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.