Thank you for your interest in joining the Oilseed YEN Network.
To register for the Oilseed YEN, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 1: Download the Entry Pack, and complete tabs 1 & 2
The Entry Pack is an excel workbook, containing seven tabs. The first two are essential for registering your entry to the competition.
- YEN Entrant Details: Collects essential information about you*
- Competition Site Details: Collects essential information about your crop
- Crop Observations: Where you record crop observations during the season
- Crop Agronomy: Where you record crop agronomy during the season
- Rainfall and Irrigation: Where you can record local rainfall and irrigation data
- Additional Questions: Collects broader information about your entry
- Competition Rules.
STEP 2: Email the pack to email@example.com, copying in sponsors and/or supporters
Payment must be confirmed before registration is complete.
If you are paying for your own entry, you must also provide the following information:
- Contact name, email address and telephone number for payee
- Business name
- Invoice address
STEP 3: Once your entry has been confirmed, complete the rest of the Entry Pack until Harvest and return the completed pack to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to enter a trial into Oilseed YEN, please contact email@example.com before completing the Entry Pack.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is it to enter the Oilseed YEN?
For individual farmers, it costs £250 per field entered into Cereal and Oilseed YEN competitions. This includes one place at the YEN Awards Conference; additional tickets for supported entries are £50pp. If your entry is supported by someone other than an official YEN sponsor, it costs £350 per field entry. This includes two places at the YEN Awards Conference.
Entries from outside the UK cost £400. All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Who pays for YEN?
There are three options for payment:
- Sponsored entry – Official YEN Sponsors support your entry. You must agree sponsorship prior to registering your entry
- Supported entry – Other industry parties may wish to pay for entry into the competition. You must agree support prior to registering your entry.
- Independent entry – Paid for by the entrant, usually farmer. The entry fee will need to be paid in full prior to registration being confirmed
Do I have to enter a whole field?
You can enter whole fields, or part of fields. You can also enter multiple entries e.g. for different fields or for different parts of the same field. For instance you may like to undertake an experiment by varying your approach. To be eligible for awards, entries must be at least 2ha.
Can I enter more than one field?
You can enter as many fields as you like into any or all of the Yield Enhancement Networks.
Can I enter trials into YEN?
Trials can be entered into YEN, and these are separated into their own category for awards. Please contact us before submitting trials entries as we may require additional information.
Is all the information requested mandatory?
Some of the data requested is mandatory in order to have a valid entry. In these cases you will not be able to register the entry without providing the information. Provision of additional non-mandatory data will enable us to provide a more detailed analysis in your final report.