To register for the Bean YEN, please complete the registration form below.
Data entry for Bean YEN is through a series of online forms
Network rules can be found on the relevant network pages.
If you are interested in your entry being sponsored, please go to the Bean YEN sponsorship enquiry page.
STEP 1: Complete Registration Form
- If you are being sponsored, please ask your sponsor to complete this form. If you are supporting your own entry, please complete this form yourself.
- Here you can provide information about the entry and organise payment.
- You will be assigned an entry ID number which can be used to complete the required forms.
STEP 2: Complete Field and Input Details
An automated e-mail with Entrant ID will be sent along with a link to fill initial Field and Input details. As the season progresses, a series of forms will become available for you to complete. You will be notified about when to complete these forms.
- Competition Site Details
- Crop Observations
- Crop Agronomy
- Rainfall (optional) and Irrigation
- Additional Questions
An auto-confirmation email should follow after filling each form. Please check your SPAM folder if the email is not found in your Inbox.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who pays for YEN?
There are three options for payment:
- Sponsored entry – Official YEN Sponsors support your entry. You must agree sponsorship prior to registering your entry (£312 incl. VAT by the official sponsor).
- Supported entry – Other industry parties may wish to pay for entry into the competition. You must agree support prior to registering your entry (£480 incl. VAT by the supporter).
- Independent entry – Paid for by the entrant, usually farmer. The entry fee will need to be paid in full prior to registration being confirmed (£312 incl. VAT by the farmer).
Do I have to enter a whole field?
You can enter whole fields, or part of fields. You can also enter multiple entries e.g. for different fields or for different parts of the same field. For instance you may like to undertake an experiment by varying your approach.
Can I enter more than one field?
You can enter as many fields as you like into any or all of the Yield Enhancement Networks.
Can I enter trials into YEN?
Trials can be entered into YEN. Please contact us before submitting trials entries as we may require additional information.
Is all the information requested mandatory?
Some of the data requested is mandatory in order to have a valid entry. In these cases you will not be able to register the entry without providing the information. Provision of additional non-mandatory data will enable us to provide a more detailed analysis in your final report.