Data provided as part of the YEN competition may include some personal data. Your personal data will never be shared outside of the ADAS YEN management group, and will only be used as part of YEN processes within the competition and network. All data is stored digitally behind a secure network, and only accessed by ADAS staff working within the YEN. No personal data is shared outside of ADAS. Anonymised agronomic data may be shared with GDPR compliant partners, in accordance with the YEN Charter (the collaboration agreement between all YEN sponsors).
1.0 OUR CORE BELIEFS REGARDING USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- User privacy and data protection are core principles
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 RELEVANT LEGISLATION
Along with our business and internal computer systems, the Yield Enhancement Network is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact us at email@example.com for clarification.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FOR YEN AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
As part of the YEN competition, we collect and use personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Contact Details
- Contact details are provided by entrants in the Entry Pack, and from the Agrimetrics registration process. All personal data are restricted to the first sheet of the Entry Pack.
- Contact details are collected for the main on-farm entrant and supporters (e.g. agronomists) for each YEN entry.
- Contact details are used as part of the competition; to send current members (in-year entrants) supporting information (e.g. monthly YEN Actions) and resources (e.g. Entry Pack and Harvest Pack).
- Contact details are also used to send out YEN Technical Newsletters to current members.
- Current and previous entrants may also be contacted with information about future competition deadlines, events, YEN updates and invitations to join similar projects or networks.
3.2 Your Rights
Under the GDPR, from the 25th May 2018, you have several rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that YEN refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why and you have the right to complain.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
3.3 Data storage
- All YEN data are stored on a secure server at RSK ADAS Ltd.
- Access to YEN data is restricted to named staff at RSK ADAS Ltd.
- YEN data may be shared with YEN sponsors or additional third parties, however where YEN data are shared all personal data will be removed prior to transfer.
4.0 DATA BREACHES
We will report any unlawful data breach of the YEN database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen, and there is a high likelihood or severity of the resulting risk to people’s rights and freedoms.
5.0 DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller of this website is: RSK ADAS limited, a UK Private limited Company with company number: 10486936
Whose registered office is: Spring Lodge, 172 Chester Road, Helsby, Cheshire UK WA6 0AR
6.1 Change log
16 April 2018 V1.0 Original Policy