The benefits of joining YEN
- Entrants can also compare their yield against other entrants, in terms of both the proportion of yield potential achieved and the total tonnes/ha.
- Entrants to the yield competition can compare their yield against a potential yield based on long term average weather data.
Technical understanding of yields
- Technical sessions on yield are run throughout the year, with input from competition entrants and technical advisors.
- The annual awards conference held each November summarises that years' growing season, and give out awards in the following categories:
- Best proportion of yield potential achieved
- Best total yield acheived (tonnes/ha)
- Best wheat grain quality.
- A ten page report on the resources available to your crop (light and water), crop growth and apparent yield constraints.
- Access to newsletters, networking sessions and members area of the website.
- Free soil health analysis and soil mineral N analysis.
- Free grain analysis, including both physical and chemical assessment.